Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the team at Bella Coola General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Registered Nurse with Bella Coola General Hospital you will:
- Provide nursing care to patients/clients on the inpatient ward.
- Provide nursing care to predominantly older residents in a continuing care setting.
- Provide emergency nursing care to patients/clients of all ages presenting to the emergency department with a wide variety of symptoms.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the client/resident/patient and/or family.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with other health care providers.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement and best practice approach in your nursing practice.
- Demonstrate expertise and leadership in your nursing practice.
- Maintain and advance your own clinical competence.
- Participate on designated committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
ABOUT BELLA COOLA, BC
Bella Coola sits in a mountain valley at the head of the North Bentinck Channel, 500 km north of Vancouver, with a population of about 1800 people. The community is at the end of a long, truly magnificent fjord, on the mainland coast of British Columbia. Bella Coola General Hospital has 10 acute bed, 5 long term care beds and a 3 bed emergency department open 24/7, along with a laboratory, diagnostic imaging services, Telehealth, Mental Health, Public Health, Home & Community Support Services. Also within the hospital are a medical clinic and a pharmacy.
Relocation assistance and staff housing may be available.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Completion of a recognized advanced nursing program in emergency or critical care nursing, one year recent, related experience in emergency or critical care nursing, or an equivalent combination of education training and experience.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.