Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is looking for a High Acuity trained Registered Nurse to join the Burns Trauma High Acuity unit at Vancouver General Hospital.
As a Registered Nurse in High Acuity at VGH you will:
- Provide nursing care to acutely ill patients with complex, acute and often co-existing chronic illnesses both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with other health care givers.
- Demonstrate expertise and leadership in nursing practice.
- Maintain and advance clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Completion of a recognized advanced nursing specialty program in High Acuity Nursing or two years’ recent, related experience in a high acuity setting or an equivalent combination or education and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client/family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of BCCNM’s standards of practice for registered nurses.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement plans of care in relation to client/family priorities.
- Demonstrated ability to assess client responses to care, and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events, problem-solve and set priorities.