Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse with Critical Care experience to join the Hyperbaric unit at Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As an RN in Hyperbaric Critical Care with VCH you will:
- Provide baromedical nursing care within a compressed air environment to ambulatory clients of the Elective Program and possibly critically ill clients in the Emergency Program, both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Perform clinical dives in a hyperbaric chamber as the diving nurse or functions as the backup nurse by providing assistance as required to the diving nurse.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with other health care givers.
- Demonstrate expertise and leadership in nursing practice.
- Maintain and advance your own clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Completion of a recognized critical care nursing program or two years' recent, related critical care experience.
- Successful applicant(s) must obtain medical clearance by WorkSafeBC for Compressed Air/Diving as arranged by the Hospital through the Employee Health Unit and successfully complete an in-house pressure tolerance test.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of Nursing theory and practice within a patient/family centred model of care.
- Knowledge of the BCCNM standards for nursing practice.
- Broad knowledge of nursing care issues commonly encountered in a critical care environment.
- Knowledge of the indications, actions, reactions, routes, dosages, and side effects of drugs used in critical care environment.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice to assess and manage critical and life-threatening situations.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.