Come work as a Registered Nurse in the Post Anesthetic Care Unit (PACU) at Vancouver General Hospital!
As an RN in Critical Care with VCH you will:
- Provide nursing care to high risk critically ill clients with unpredictable outcomes attached to life-support equipment, and/or clients in post-anaesthetic recovery.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with other health care givers.
- Demonstrate expertise and leadership in nursing practice.
- Maintain and advance your own clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Please note that a resume and cover letter is required to apply for this specialty training opportunity.
Should there be insufficient qualified candidates available for the above position, VCH may fund post-basic training education.
Applicants must successfully complete the post-basic training education prior to working in the Department.
Online Theory (if required): March 28 - September 11, 2022
BCIT On-site Orientation Day - to be confirmed by BCIT
BCIT Workshop days: April 20, June 7, June 21, July 19, August 4, August 17, 2022
Full-time training at BCIT & practicum locations: September 19 - December 15, 2022
*course dates will be modified based on previous courses completed. VCH only funds for required courses.
The post-basic training education program requires full time attendance. Funding will consist of 100% of wages, tuition and books during the training program.
Candidates accepting this training opportunity agree to remain with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) as a regular status nurse in the area of nursing applicable to the education program for which they are hired for at least 18 months subsequent to completing training.
This will ensure that candidates are able to consolidate and apply skills in the specialty area that VCH has supported and funded candidates to complete. In the event that a candidate leaves the area of nursing applicable to the education program for which they were hired or VCH in under 18 months, VCH will seek to recover the cost of the program.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Completion of a recognized critical care nursing program or two years' recent, related critical care experience.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.