TRAINING OPPORTUNITY JOB SUMMARY
Please note that a resume and cover letter is required to apply for this specialty training opportunity.
Eligibility for the post-basic training education is restricted to applicants with a minimum of 2 years recent acute med/surg experience.
BCIT Renal Nursing Specialty Program
Online Prerequisites (if required): January 3, 2024 - February 16, 2024
Full-time training at BCIT & practicum locations: February 20, 2024 - April 5, 2024
*Course dates will be modified based on previous courses completed, VCH only funds for required courses.
Applicants must successfully complete the post-basic training education prior to working in the Department.
Candidates accepting this training opportunity agree to remain with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) as a regular status nurse in the area of nursing applicable to the education program for which they are hired for at least 18 months subsequent to completing training.
This will ensure that candidates are able to consolidate and apply skills in the specialty area that VCH has supported and funded candidates to complete. In the event that a candidate leaves the area of nursing applicable to the education program for which they were hired or VCH in under 18 months, VCH will seek to recover the cost of the program.
Come work as a Registered Nurse in Dialysis at Vancouver General Hospital!
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the Renal-Haemodialysis Clinic at Vancouver General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Registered Nurse in Dialysis at Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Provide nursing care to clients and teach clients/families about management and treatment of chronic renal failure both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with other health care givers.
- Demonstrate expertise and leadership in nursing practice.
- Maintain and advance your own clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders, as of October 5, 2023, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or have received a single dose of the most-recent, updated COVID-19 vaccine. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Equity, diversity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2023.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.