Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is looking for High Acuity trained Registered Nurses to join the High Acuity unit at Lions Gate Hospital in North Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Registered Nurse in High Acuity at VCH you will:
- Provide nursing care to acutely ill patients with complex, acute and often co-existing chronic illnesses both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with other health care givers.
- Demonstrate expertise and leadership in nursing practice.
- Maintain and advance clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Please note that a resume and cover letter is required to apply for this specialty training opportunity.
Should there be insufficient qualified candidates available for the above position, VCH may fund post-basic training education.
Eligibility for the post-basic training education is restricted to applicants with a minimum of 2 years’ recent acute medical/surgical experience. Applicants must successfully complete the post-basic training education prior to working in the Department.
Online prerequisites: September 7 - November 26, 2021
Workshop: September 28, 2021
Exams: October 5, 2021 - November 24, 2021
Compresses Clinical: January 17, 2022 - March 6, 2022
*course dates will be modified based on previous courses completed, VCH only funds for required courses.
The post-basic training education program requires full time attendance. Funding will consist of 100% of wages, tuition and books during the training program.
Candidates accepting this training opportunity agree to remain with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) as a regular status nurse in the area of nursing applicable to the education program for which they are hired for at least 18 months subsequent to completing training.
This will ensure that candidates are able to consolidate and apply skills in the specialty area that VCH has supported and funded candidates to complete. In the event that a candidate leaves the area of nursing applicable to the education program for which they were hired or VCH in under 18 months, VCH will seek to recover the cost of the program.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Completion of a recognized advanced nursing specialty program in High Acuity Nursing or two years’ recent, related experience in a high acuity setting or an equivalent combination or education and experience.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.