Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse with Perinatal Nursing experience or training to join its team in the Labour & Delivery department at Sechelt Hospital.
As an RN at Sechelt Hospital focused in Obstretics/Medical/Surgical nursing you will:
- Provide advanced perinatal nursing care to expectant clients by conducting a comprehensive nursing assessment of the client and fetus and by providing nursing care to other assigned medical/surgical patients.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the client/family.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with other health care providers.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement and best practices approach in nursing practice.
- Maintain and advance your own clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
ABOUT SECHELT, BC:
The District Municipality of Sechelt is located on the lower Sunshine Coast of British Columbia, approximately 50 km northwest of Vancouver. It is accessible from the mainland by a 40-minute ferry trip between Horseshoe Bay and Langdale, followed by a 25-minute drive along Highway 101, also known as the Sunshine Coast Highway. This charming seaside community is known for its natural beauty and is a popular destination for outdoor activities including sightseeing, boating, diving, camping and mountain biking. There are also several municipal parks, plenty of eateries, locally owned shops, boutiques and galleries, and a golf course. Imagine a lifestyle where you are only a short walk or bike ride to work, you go home for lunch and you are home again in time for an activity or go for a hike AND watch the sunset - all before dinner. That is what Sechelt has to offer you!
ABOUT SECHELT HOSPITAL:
Sechelt Hospital is an acute care, 46-bed facility located in Sechelt, British Columbia and serves over 30,000+ residents of the Lower Sunshine Coast. Sechelt Hospital provides a full range of services to the community, including Emergency care, Renal program – community dialysis units, Mental Health and Substance Use Services, surgical services, birthing for low-risk pregnancies and imaging services.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Completion of a recognized advanced nursing specialty program in perinatal nursing or two years’ recent, related labour & delivery experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client/family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of BCCNM’s standards for nursing practice.
- Demonstrated ability in nursing practice related to designated client group.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and implement care plans.
- Demonstrated ability to assess client responses to care, and to respond appropriately.