Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for Registered Nurses to join the team in the Operating Rooms at Lions Gate Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
Located on Vancouver’s beautiful North Shore, Lions Gate Hospital (LGH) is a Level 3 trauma centre closely affiliated with the University of B.C. One of the busiest hospitals in the Vancouver area, LGH has 10 operating rooms including 2 new minimally invasive theatres. Surgical services include: general surgery, ophthalmology, urology, gynecology, ENT, vascular, orthopaedic, plastic and neurosurgery procedures.
As an RN in the Operating Rooms at Lions Gate Hospital you will:
- Provide nursing services in an operating room environment as a member of an integrated surgical team performing varied and complex surgical interventions.
- Enhance quality of life from the perspective of the patient/family.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with other members of the surgical team.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement and best practice approach in nursing practice and patient care.
- Maintain and advance your own clinical competence.
- Participate on designated hospital committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Applicants must successfully complete the post-basic training education prior to working in the Department.
The post-basic training education program requires full time attendance. Funding will consist of 100% of wages, tuition and books during the training program.
Mandatory Orientation Day: September 28, 2021
Full Time Training Start: October 18, 2021
Program Completion: March 25, 2022
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a patient/family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of BCCNM standards for nursing practice.
- Comprehensive knowledge of perioperative nursing techniques, standards, instrumentation, supply and equipment requirements for a wide variety of surgical procedures.
- Broad knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
Why Join Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH):
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and 'going first' when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.