Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Psychiatric Nurse OR a Registered Nurse to join the team at Evergreen House in North Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As an RN/RPN in Long Term Care you will:
- Use sound judgment and apply critical thinking skills in providing resident care to predominantly older residents in a long term care setting, both by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrate expertise and leadership in nursing practice and coordinates the implementation of clinical interventions, evaluation of resident outcomes based on resident goals of care.
- Act as a resource for the interdisciplinary team by providing information and coordination of ongoing resident care.
- Support the work of RCA’s and LPN’s and supports cohesive team work to ensure resident centered care.
- Enhance quality of life of the resident/family.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with other health care providers.
- Maintain and advance clinical competence.
- Participate on designated committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Completion of an approved gerontology course or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.