Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse with experience in public health nursing to join the department of Case and Contact Tracing, Emerging Pathogens. Apply today to join our team!
As a Registered Nurse and/or Registered Psychiatric Nurse focused in Case and Contact Tracing, Emerging Pathogens, you will:
- Utilize Public Health nursing knowledge and expertise to promote and protect the optimal health, well being and safety of patients, residents and clients at all ages and life stages through targeted emerging pathogens and viral case and contact tracing programming.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Recent, related public health nursing experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid BC Driver's License and access to a vehicle for local area travel may be required.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of public health nursing theory, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of community development and health promotion principles and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to deal sensitively and tactfully with clients and provide culturally sensitive nursing services to diverse and marginalized populations.
- Knowledge of communicable disease control practices and procedures including: prevention, promotion, reporting responsibilities and related procedures and immunization practices, including up to date immunization competency.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, clients and their families and outside agencies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care, the ability to develop and maintain collaborative working relationships with co-workers, care team and community partners and the ability to identify and facilitate community resources appropriate to clients’ and families’ needs.
- Demonstrated ability to counsel, teach, facilitate and coach individuals, families and groups.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.