Come work as a Respiratory Therapist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Respiratory Therapist to join the Home Oxygen Program in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Respiratory Therapist at Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Assess clients and their oxygen systems in their homes or in clinics.
- Make clinical recommendations to the medical director.
- Obtain and provide a variety of diagnostic data.
- Administer respiratory therapy, develop and charts care plans, and communicate and coordinate with other professionals in specific client therapies and needs.
Education & Experience
- Graduation from an accredited Respiratory Therapy Program.
- Successful completion of the Canadian Board of Respiratory Care Credentialing Exam.
- One years’ recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience. Home care experience is an asset.
- Eligible for membership with the Canadian Society of Respiratory Therapists and BC Society of Respiratory Therapists.
- Valid B.C. Driver’s License. Local area travel requires use of a personal vehicle for which mileage reimbursement is paid.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of current respiratory theory and practice within a client centred model for care.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Proven ability to work independently and to develop/maintain collaborative working relationships within a multi-disciplinary service delivery model.
- Proven ability to adapt to the changing health system and understanding of the broad determinants of health.
- Demonstrated ability to assess client responses to care, and to respond appropriately.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Skill in the use of respiratory and other equipment and techniques appropriate to the area of specialty
- Computer literacy in the use of common computer applications.
- Ability to physically perform the duties of the position.
- Second language requirement will be duly noted on job posting, if required.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2023.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.