Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Social Worker to join the Mary Pack Arthritis Program team in Victoria, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Social Worker with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Be responsible for providing advanced clinical and consultative social work services to clients and families focusing on how the client’s relationships are affected by their environment.
- Provide Social Work services to clients such as:
- conducting social and psychosocial assessments;
- and providing individual, family and group counselling services.
- Maintain client records.
- Attend interdisciplinary clinical/case conferences.
- Identify applicable community resources for clients and facilitate care throughout the continuum.
The Mary Pack Arthritis Program provides services to people with all types of inflammatory arthritis, systemic autoimmune rheumatic disease, and complex osteoarthritis. The team includes a variety of healthcare professionals who help clients learn how to self-manage and treat arthritis, including physiotherapists, occupational therapists, registered nurses, and social workers.
Education & Experience
- Master of Social Work from an accredited School of Social Work and one (1) year post Bachelor of Social Work experience in a health care setting.
- Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of systems thinking as it related to social work process.
- Broad knowledge of other health disciplines and their role in healthcare.
- Broad knowledge of research methodology.
- Broad knowledge of counselling skills and clinical practice models.
- Broad knowledge of family, group and change therapy.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.