Come work as a Speech Language Pathologist with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) to join the team in Sechelt, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Speech Language Pathologist with VCH you will:
- Deliver speech and language services for preschool-aged clients in the community.
- Deliver intake, consultation, assessment, therapy and education services using standard and advanced procedures.
- Administer and manage the local Speech-Language Pathology Program.
ABOUT SECHELT, BC
The District Municipality of Sechelt is located on the lower Sunshine Coast of British Columbia, approximately 50 km northwest of Vancouver. It is accessible from the mainland by a 40-minute ferry trip between Horseshoe Bay and Langdale, followed by a 25-minute drive along Highway 101, also known as the Sunshine Coast Highway. This charming seaside community is known for its natural beauty and is a popular destination for outdoor activities including sightseeing, boating, diving, camping and mountain biking. There are also several municipal parks, plenty of eateries, locally owned shops, boutiques and galleries, and a golf course. Imagine a lifestyle where you are only a short walk or bike ride to work, you go home for lunch and you are home again in time for an activity or go for a hike AND watch the sunset - all before dinner. That is what Sechelt has to offer you!
ABOUT SECHELT HOSPITAL
Sechelt Hospital is an acute care, 46-bed facility located in Sechelt, British Columbia and serves over 30,000+ residents of the Lower Sunshine Coast. Sechelt Hospital provides a full range of services to the community, including Emergency care, Renal program – community dialysis units, Mental Health and Substance Use Services, surgical services, birthing for low-risk pregnancies and imaging services.
Education & Experience
- Current full registration with the College of Speech and Hearing Professionals of British Columbia plus a minimum of two years related experience.
- Valid BC Drivers Licence. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage will be reimbursed.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work well as a member of a team
- Ability to work independently, establish priorities and organize workload
- Ability to organize and conduct workshops and seminars on speech-language development/communication disorders
- Physical ability to perform duties of the position
- Ability to operate related equipment
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.